by: Randall Greene
We're making plants to return to the corner of Holtforth & Fenton! There are a lot of things to consider. We're reviewed a number of resources including the most recent Executive Order by Governor Whitmer, a comprehensive document from the Family Research Council and publications from the CDC and other church resources. While we know you're anxious to return, we want to make sure we worship in a safe manner and that we can continue worshiping for many years! To that end, we continue to encourage "at-risk" individuals and those with symptoms of illness to stay at home. We will continue live-streaming our services and we'll plan some smaller Bible studies. But for your good and for the well-being of others, if you are an "at-risk" individual or if you have symptoms of illness, or you belive yuo may have been in recent contact with a person who is positive for Covid - 19, please stay home.
When we come back to church there will be a number of noticeable changes. They include:
(1) Hand sanitizers at each entrance, at the coffee table and in the fellowship hall. Please sanitize your hands upon first entering the building. We'll have hand sanitizers located throughout our auditorium, too. Please feel free to use them at will.
(2) We will space our chairs and rows out to accommodate social distancing. We'll set up some sections of 2 for couples and other sections of 4 and more for families. PLEASE sit together with you family and do not move chairs. We are still determining the best way to accommodate additional persons and are researching simultaneous services in our Fellowship Hall and even outdoors.
(3) High traffic areas will be disinfected before and after services for the foreseeable future.
(4) Our nursery will be available by appointment only. If you have an infant or toddler that you would like to take to the nursery, please call the church office at (810) 272-4738 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're taking appointments to ensure we don't have more small children than we can safely care for. Please note that our infants and toddlers will be cared for on a one-on-one basis. Due to the size of our rooms, we will have only ONE ADULT that will keep the DOOR OPEN at all times.
(5) Our Coffee station will be open, but we are asking that only those 14 years or older access the coffee or water there. We will have "single serve" coffee available. Before using, please use hand sanitizer that is available at the coffee station. And, only touch the coffee you plan to use.
(6) Child Care is being discouraged by most agencies in the initial phases of returning to church. A survey of our members, however, revealed that a significant majority wish us to offer children's classes. Therefore, we will continue to study this and research our options for SAFE child care in a socially-distanced setting. If you have ideas or are willing to help in this area please let us know by emailing email@example.com
(7) We will no longer distribute communion or offering plates. Instead, we will have a time during the service where you will leave your seats and in single-line style access communion (pre-sealed and self-contained) and leave your offering at a designated location.
(8) We will eliminate church fellowship and meals after church for at least a few weeks or months. We encourage you to have small gatherings at your home to help continue church fellowship.
(9) We will have masks and gloves available for those who wish to use them. We encourage you, if you wish to wear a mask, to bring your own to help reduce the cost burden of these supplies. We will wait to see what the Governor's orders are before determining if masks are required or not. (We think our praise will still sound good to God even through our masks!)
THANK YOU for being faithful during our Stay Home order. You've worshiped with us online, you've continued to be faithful in offerings, you've ministered to others and you've helped our church "spruce up" a bit while we had this opportunity. The faithfulness of Tri County during Covid-19 is inspirational!